We don’t want your decision making process to be stressful which is why we’ve compiled a buyers checklist for modular home building. Below are several things to consider prior to contacting us to build your new home.
- Home style
- Home specifications – bedrooms, basement, maintenance free decking, etc.
- Country or city
- Lot size
- Do you want to subdivide in the future?
- Are there covenants that will hinder plans for your future home like no fencing or subdividing?
- Lender financing or a sufficient source of private funds
- Acceptable debt
- Acceptable credit
Cash to Cover
- Mortgage down payment
- Bank and legal fees
- Carrying costs during construction
- Dealer deposit requirements
- GC deposit requirements
Several of these steps are a fairly short process, but others can take months which is why we encourage you to consider the above list.